Sony PlayStation 5 HD Camera
The new Sony PlayStation 5 HD Camera features dual lenses for 1080p capture and a built-in stand, the HD camera works seamlessly with the PS5 background removal tools to put you in the spotlight.
Table of Contents
- PlayStation 5 HD Camera Vrs PlayStation 4 HD Camera
- Pros and cons
- Recommended Use
- Product Features:
- About this product
Firstly, with the new camera, you can capture yourself in smooth, sharp full-HD with the camera’s dual wide-angle lenses as you are enjoying the most epic gaming moments.
Secondly, you can quickly create a recording or a broadcast of yourself and your gameplay, with your DualSense™ wireless controllers, create a button.
PlayStation 5 HD Camera Vrs PlayStation 4 HD Camera
I previously owned the previous 2 cameras for PlayStation 4, but this one seems to be a step back in terms of functionality.
PlayStation has removed some of the previous features completely and this camera now is solely for streaming/broadcasting only your image. In the previous version of the PlayStation 4 HD Camera, you could not only broadcast yourself but you could chat hands-free without a microphone/ headset and use it with PlayStation VR ( virtual reality).
The new PlayStation 5 camera does none of that and is basically only good for removing the background when you stream your image…
Pros and cons
1. You can remove the background during your stream and focus all the attention on yourself.
2. Generally you can stream Full HD images, so your viewers on twitch or Youtube do not miss any action and enjoy detailed images.
3. With the adjustable stand, you can set up the camera so you’re properly visible on the screen.
You can only use this webcam on the PlayStation 5 and not on a computer or some other device.
- This camera will NOT work with PSVR and in fact, when playing PSVR the PS5 will give a message saying you still need to connect the camera.
2 This camera is ONLY supporting one feature, streaming on Twitch or YouTube. As I’m not a streamer I looked up a single review from a streamer showing the quality was okay at 1080p but for the price, there were better alternatives in the market.
- This camera struggles to pick up light and the video is extremely grainy.
- It is a bit pricy on the side, I would have expected much better image quality. The only neat thing about this is that it has 2 sensors.
- The highest resolution it supports is 5148×1088 at 30 fps. There’s also no flash on the camera so you better have a well-illuminated room.
6. Video quality is not in 4k like some of the cameras on the market.
Quickly create a recording or a broadcast of yourself and your gameplay, with your DualSense wireless controller’s create button*. *Internet and account for PlayStation Network required. Always update your PS5 system software to the latest version.
- Personalize your gameplay sharing
Featuring dual lenses for 1080p capture and a built-in stand, the HD camera works seamlessly with the PS5 console’s background removal tools to put you in the spotlight.
2. Built-in stand
Get the perfect shot with the HD camera’s built-in adjustable stand. Its compact design allows it to be securely positioned above or below TVs – where you can fine-tune the angle to suit your set-up.
3. Background removal tools
Take center stage in your productions using the PlayStation®5 console’s built-in background removal tools. With the HD camera, you can add yourself to your gameplay videos while broadcasting1 in picture-in-picture mode, with the ability to crop the background or lose it completely with a green screen.
About this product
Product Key Features:
Platform: Sony PlayStation 5
Compatible Product: Console
Colour: Black/ White
Features: Dual Lens, Built-in Stand
Compatible Model: For Sony PlayStation 5
Dimensions: Item Weight0.32 kg
Additional Product Features: Resolution1080p (FHD)
Manufacturer Colour: White/Black