The PULSE 3D™ Wireless Headset Has Been Specifically Tuned To Deliver The 3D Audio Made Possible By The PlayStation®5 Console.
The wireless headset is powered By Tempest 3D AudioTech. The PS5™ Console Can Put You At The Center of Incredibly Immersive Soundscapes Where It Feels As If The Sound Comes From Every Direction.
Table of Contents
- HIGHLIGHTS of the PULSE 3D Wireless Headset For PlayStation 5 (PS5)
The sound quality is incredible, with wonderful bass and treble. The device fits itself perfectly to any head shape and size given the presence of an ingeniously simple spring-loaded rubber strap. This device is amazingly comfortable, whether wearing glasses or not and light, allowing for hours of use.
The hidden dual-mic is what sold me on this headset.
HIGHLIGHTS of the PULSE 3D Wireless Headset For PlayStation 5 (PS5)
Audio-Refined, design-Designed for gamers, Dual hidden microphones, Easy access-controls, Wireless adaptor-3.5mm jack.
Connectivity couldn’t be simpler. Plugin the USB dongle on the ps5 and turn on the headset and it will pair automatically. Every time I turn on the headset it just works with zero hassle. I’ve encountered frustrating times trying to pair my turtle beach to the ps4. So simple and intuitive was appreciated.
Controls are all found on the left ear cup. A little confusing at first trying to find the chat volume vs the master volume but after a few days I’ve learned the layout and can change the volume with ease.
Battery life is as advertised 8-10 hrs of gameplay and chat. Charges fast in under 3 hrs. USB C charging, if it was anything else it would have been a mistake
Wireless Headset For PlayStation 5 vs Headset for PlayStation 4
For reference, I’ve owned the original PS4 wireless headset and Turtle Beach XP400. The sound is clear, crisp, and has decent bass. 3D audio is on par with Dolby 5.1/7.1 surround sound headsets.
Comfort and quality
The official PlayStation headsets have always had that somewhat cheap plastic feel, but the tradeoff is a lighter headset to were hours at a time. I’m not a big fan of the way the headset sits around the ears, it almost feels too loose and I am able to hear incoming sound from inside my home, even at max volume
The audio is fantastic, the comfort is superb, and the quality is great even though it’s mostly plastic.
Pros and Cons
1) Sound is great
2) The mic, this headset has two mics, now it’s not retractable like my g33 but my friends can still hear me as loud as ever which was a concern of mine since the golds weren’t that great in mic quality. Just decent.
3) The feel, these are very comfortable. Not sure why people are crying about the adjustable size. I have about a medium to large head and they fit fine. They are also light and the ear cushions are comfortable as well. They fit good and have no complaints
4) Accessibility. The golds were a pain with disconnecting randomly or plugging more than one at the same time. Also, I had trouble hearing my party and the game audio while playing with friends when I used two headsets on the same console (playing split-screen online).
5) Lastly, the look. These are stylish and match your ps5 and the controller. Every time I look at these headsets I just want to play.
- If this fits small on your head, there is no way to adjust it to make it fit better. It can only fit larger heads more snuggly, but if it’s loose on you, you’re out of luck because there is not a single way to adjust it to fit higher on a smaller head.
2. it doesn’t work on Xbox, even with the 3.5mm jack.
3. A slight disappointment in that area but they’re hundred-dollar headphones..you get what you pay for. There are higher-end headphones that I’m sure to perform better but they’ll be more expensive.
So to conclude my review, the PULSE 3D Wireless Headset For PlayStation 5 is an excellent headphone and worth the money if you’re okay with comfort fresh out of the box.