AOL Inc. is originally known as America Online email service is one of the best email services that gives you a personalized mail experience and lets you connect with your family, friends, and colleagues.
America Online ( AOL ) used to be very popular in the late ’90s with the famous slogan when you log in ” you have got mail”.
Table of Contents
About Aol Mail
Now, AOL’s email has marketing applications that allow businesses to import customer data from spreadsheets or email clients, such as Gmail and Microsoft Outlook.
AOL.com portal is a search engine that lets you search for things on the internet and offer you information about the latest happenings. Their focus is on the latest trends and news, entertainment, finance, lifestyle, video, games, and much more.
Aol.com (AOL Mail) provides IMAP access to your Aol.com (AOL Mail) account, so you can connect to your email from mobile devices and desktop email clients.
Features of AOL Mail
A. Email attachment limit- 25 MB: this is for the basic subscription plan service. You can request larger attachments with an improved plan.
B. Supports POP3, SMTP, and IMAP protocols: Aol.com (AOL Mail) provides IMAP access to your Aol.com (AOL Mail) account. You can connect to your email from mobile devices and desktop email clients.
C. Max. Mailbox size- 250 GB including the attachments.
D. You can link it to other email accounts such as Gmail and Hotmail.
E. Un-send features available- You can recall back e-mails sent as long as the sent mail has not been delivered and the recipient has not opened it.
F. Secure industrial strength virus protection and much more.
After knowing all the notable features, if you have already created an AOL account for free, you can further know how to log in to your account without facing any glitches.
Login Process for AOL Mail Account
These are the step-by-step directions for a successful login attempt into AOL account:
1. Open your browser and enter aol.com in the URL to go to the official website of AOL.
2. Once you are on the home page of AOL, click on the Login/Join button given in the top-right corner of the screen.
3. On the next page, enter your username, email address, or mobile number using which you have created the account and press ‘Next’. You can even sign in using your Google, Facebook, or Yahoo Id.
4. Next, enter the password and click on ‘Next’ to get signed in to your account.
This is how you can simply log in to your AOL account without much problem. But that is not the case every time as you may encounter several technical glitches while attempting to log in.
AOL Mail helps you to automatically organize your emails, by setting actions for emails that match the condition you set. You can set up multiple filters in the settings of the Mail, based on several parameters.
There can be several AOL login problems that may occur from time to time such as authentication error, login site isn’t working, difficulty in loading AOL mail, and many more. AOL email issues are nothing new and it is common to face errors while using a technical service.
Pros and Cons
- Aol Email service offers semless straightforward user experience.
- Familiar user friendly folder-based email management.
- Integrated calendar and to-do lists.
- Unlimited AOL webmail storage capped at 25gb for beginers.
- The security strenght has been questioned at times.