How To Play Wordle
Since Josh Wardle, a software engineer in Brooklyn, released the guessing game to the public in October 2021, Wordle exploded in popularity and has rapidly become a daily obsession for solvers. The game is free and could be played on the new york times website.
Table of Contents
- How To Play Wordle
- Steps to play Wordle
- Benefits of playing word Games like Wordle
- Tips on How To Play Wordle
- Previous Wordle Game results
Players have six attempts to guess a five-letter word – the story of the Wordle craze is surprisingly complex 90 people played the game on November 1. Nearly two months later, 300,000 people played it. Now, the puzzle has millions of daily players.
How To Play Wordle
Now Wordle can be played by accessing the official New York Times games section. Upon entering the game’s website, players can start filling out the boxes to try and guess what the five-letter English word is.
“If you’re like me, you probably wake up every morning thinking about Wordle, and savoring those precious moments of discovery, surprise, and accomplishment.
The New York times updates the Wordle answer list daily. You will have to check for the answers on their website for today’s Wordle answer.
Previous answers include: Wordle 270 – March 16, 2022: CATER, Wordle 269 – March 15, 2022: TEASE and Wordle 268 – March 14, 2022: SMELT
For instance, for Wordle 271 for March 17, 2022, The answer to Wordle puzzle 271 was MOVIE
With the following hints:
a. Today’s Wordle answer starts with the letter “M.”
b. The word today has three vowels in it.
c. The word today ends with the letter “E.”
d. This word also has the letter “V” in it.
e. This word is usually used to describe something that is recorded with a camera.
Yes, Wordle is a free game, But you won’t find it in the App Store—Wordle is easily accessible on the web.
Steps to play Wordle
Wordle players need to input a five-letter English word.
- Once the starting word has been put in, the color of the tiles will change to signify how close players are to the answer.
2. If it turns green, then the letter is in the correct spot.
3. If it’s yellow, then the letter is in the word, but it’s in the wrong spot.
4. And if it turns gray, then that means it’s not in the Wordle word at all.
5. Players have six tries to get the correct answer.
6. The daily puzzle will reset at midnight local time.
7. Share the results on social media via the Statistics icon in the top-right corner.
Benefits of playing word Games like Wordle
The virtue of playing complex word games comes not only from the atmosphere of intellect around the games.
There is also the belief that such activities help keep aging brains nimble, improving memory and warding off dementia. ( Mixed scientific evidence on this issue).
Wordle, Josh Wardle’s stimulating and wildly popular daily word game, joined The New York Times’s portfolio of original, engaging puzzle games that challenge solvers every day earlier this year in 2022.
Tips on How To Play Wordle
- The best tip I can give is to use one of the best Wordle start words. I can’t stress this enough — it makes a massive difference.
Without one, you’ll be scrabbling around in the dark trying (and possibly failing) to find the right five letters (or possibly fewer) out of the 26 possibles.
But clever people (not me) have done the math and identified the best start words based on both frequency in English and frequency among Wordle answers. So use them!
- Secondly, think about combinations, especially at the start and end. Some options are far more common than others — for instance, SH, ST, CR, and CH all feature frequently.
Vowels obviously need consideration too: not all Wordle answers will contain more than one, but plenty do, and some even have three. A good Wordle start word should have used a couple, but if they don’t feature you might well want to try another one or two on your next go.
Plus, remember the Y — this sometimes acts as a surrogate vowel, and is easy to forget. It also appears at the end of plenty of words.
- Finally, try out possibilities. So long as you don’t press ‘Enter’ you can try possible answers to see how they look on screen. Put in likely letters plus any you know are definitely in the word, then mentally change one to the other available options. This technique has worked for me multiple times, and it’s particularly helpful when the word in question is not an obvious one (like FJORD or ISLET).
Previous Wordle Game results
If you’re looking for a list of older Wordle answers, we can also help. Here’s a list going back 20 games.
- Wordle #270: CATER
- Wordle #269: TEASE
- Wordle #268: SMELT
- Wordle #267: FOCUS
- Wordle #266: TODAY
- Wordle #265: WATCH
- Wordle #264: LAPSE
- Wordle #263: MONTH
- Wordle #262: SWEET
- Wordle #261: HOARD
- Wordle #260: CLOTH
- Wordle #259: BRINE
- Wordle #258: AHEAD
- Wordle #257: MOURN
- Wordle #256: NASTY
- Wordle #255: RUPEE
- Wordle #254: CHOKE
- Wordle #253: CHANT
- Wordle #252: SPILL
- Wordle #251: VIVID
- Wordle #250: BLOKE